3355 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, Nevada 89109
Canyon Ranch SpaClub is located inside the Venetian. It also serves hotel guests at the Palazzo and at Venezia, Venetian’s newest resort within a resort. At 134,000 square feet, Canyon Ranch SpaClub is the worlds largest and most complete spa.
Canyon Ranch is know for its total approach to health and well being. This is reflected in its uniqueness of the treatments on the menu.
I visited Canyon Ranch SpaClub in the spring of 2006. It’s not fair to give this spa a full review, since my visit was almost 3 years ago. And in the way that Las Vegas spas tend to reinvent themselves, Canyon Ranch is no exception. Since my visit, they have taken things to a whole new level with the addition of Aquavana – “an oasis of water therapies”. The circuit includes:
- Conservatory – Intimate seating, music, fresh fruit and hot and cold beverages. A gracious gathering space for relaxation
- Salt Grotto – Bracing sea air washes over heated benches and intimate seating niches surrounding a fountain bubbling over natural salt rocks
- Wave Room – A multi-sensory experience simulating the look, smell and feel of breaking waves under a domed canopy
Single-gender (clothing-optional environments)
- Crystal Steam Room – Cleansing aromatic steam environment with a large central crystal to inspire and focus meditation
- Experiential Rains – Invigorating, multi-sensory cooling showers. Select Polar Mist, Atlantic Storm or Caribbean Monsoon (with thunder and lightning effects.)
- Finnish Sauna – A classic Finnish dry-heat sauna environment lit by colored light refracted by crystals
- Herbal Laconium – A beautiful environment provides gentle warming of the body through warm, herbal infused steam
- HydroSpa – A variety of massage fountains provide gentle massage. Radiant lounge chairs designed for relaxation surround the fountains
- Igloo – Cool air and three Arctic mist experiences enhanced by twinkling fiber optics
Here are some of my thoughts and impressions from my visit:
- The spa is huge, almost cavernous. There is the main reception/relaxation rooms and then several “sub” relaxation rooms depending on the type of treatment you are having.
- The spa has a rock climbing wall – a very unique feature for a spa
- The Canyon Ranch Cafe is located within the spa
- The spa is normally very busy, and despite its size can seem crowded – especially the locker room areas.
- The treatment pricing is slightly higher on the weekends, categorized as Friday through Monday, than on weekdays. In general, treatment prices are higher than average. But the amenities of the spa are well worth the extra cost.
Overall impression? Canyon Ranch SpaClub is a must on any Las Vegas spa list.