The Lodge at Woodloch
109 River Birch Lane, Hawley, Pennsylvania 18428
The Lodge at Woodloch is a luxury destination spa located in Hawley, PA . For my Syracuse, NY readers, thats 3 1/2 hours away. 2 1/2 hours from NYC – as a point of reference from the rest of the Northeast. The closest airport to the lodge is the Wilkes Barre/Scranton International airport in Pennsylvania (55 minutes away).
This spa has been high on my wish list since before it opened in June of 2006. Double occupancy rates here run $575 per person, per night on the weekends, exclusive of an 18% service charge and state and local taxes. And that is in the off season. What do you get for around $700 per person/per night? The Complete Spa Plan includes:
- Three gourmet meals daily, plus all non-alcoholic beverages.
- Daily spa service allowance of $120.
- Use of all spa and fitness facilities.
- Scheduled group fitness classes, lectures and cooking demonstrations.
- Selected guided group adventure excursions.
- Personal Spa Concierge to help design your program
Is it worth it? The awards and accolades just keep coming. Tripadvisor.com awarded the Lodge at Woodloch one of the “Top 10 Spas in the World” . Spa facilities consist of:
- 27 treatment rooms, 14 massage rooms, six facial rooms, three wet rooms, two couples’ suites and two treatment combination suites
- Whisper Lounge – quiet coed lounge with fireplace and outdoor woodland porch with rocking chairs and gliders
- Lotus Salon
- Great Things Boutique
- Private men’s and women’s locker/lounge/grooming areas, each including:
- Luxurious private fireplace lounges, with tea bars for relaxing between treatments
- Spacious locker and vanity areas
- Signature private shower/changing rooms with oversized showers and river-stone floors
- Custom men’s and women’s sauna, steam room and whirlpool, featuring natural light and beautiful woodland views
- Screened-in porches adjacent to wet areas with radiant-heated floors for cool down and hot/cold combinations
- Aqua Garden – coed therapeutic soaking pools, with four- and eight-foot hydromassage WaterWalls
- Indoor pool specially designed for aqua classes and water volleyball
- Outdoor horizon-edge whirlpool with radiant-heat deck for year-round use
- 3,500 square foot Cardio Weight Studio with state-of-the-art equipment
- Two multi-purpose exercise studios
- Yoga/meditation studio designed for body/mind training and classes
- Dedicated Pilates training area
- Two private fitness/lifestyle consultation rooms
- Large fitness lounge with tea bar
Most 50 minutes spa treatments cost around $120 if you choose to purchase a treatment beyond what is included in your package.
The spa is the creation of John and Ginny Lopis. This husband and wife team are the founders of JGL Inc., one of the foremost spa design, development and management teams in North America. This couple have had their hand in many prominent and successful spa ventures in the US.
Woodloch is a true high-end luxury spa. Have you been to the Spa at Woodloch? Post a comment.