As my good friend prepared for a visit to Joya Spa at the Intercontinental Montelucia Resort in Paradise Valley, Arizona last week, we talked about what she should bring with her to the spa. I’ll be heading there myself later this month, so check back for my spa review in early April.
She is staying at the resort and the spa is located on the property, so this is what I told her she could probably expect. Towels, a robe, spa/sandals, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion, hair dryers, razors, some hair products, spray deodorant and other vanity amenities are usually available at most luxury spas. She can leave these items in her room.
What she would need to bring:
- A small tote bag to carry items from hotel room to spa.
- Workout clothes including sneakers if the spa has a fitness center.
- Bathing suit (Required for co-ed water features. In this case, the spa has a private rooftop pool and terrace)
- Sunscreen – Again, for the spa rooftop pool and terrace
- Books and magazines
- A swimsuit cover up
Check the spas website to see what amenities they provide.
What to leave behind:
- Does the spa provides snacks and drinks? Or is food available for purchase at the spa cafe? If so, you can leave those behind too.
- Valuables, including jewelry and cash. Leave these in your hotel room safe or in the safe at your hotels front desk. Never leave these in your spa locker – too many people have master key access.
- Fancy clothing. Dress comfortable for your visit to a spa. Nice yoga pants and a t-shirt or sweatshirt are a great choice.
If you are going to a hotel spa or resort spa, plan to spend some time enjoying the spa features. Relax and linger before and after your treatment. This is really one of the best parts of a luxury resort spa experience.