5402 East Lincoln Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85253
While vacationing in Scottsdale Arizona last month, I had the pleasure of visiting the Camelback Inn and touring the Spa at Camelback Inn on a quiet Sunday afternoon. I have found that spas are much more willing to give good tours if you don’t catch them at their busiest times.
First, my impressions of the resort.
- I love the Southwest decor and atmosphere. It felt authentic and comfortable.
- Accommodations are in low-rise, Pueblo-style casitas that are located throughout the property.
- The grounds are incredibly beautiful – fountains, streams and lush flowers are integrated with traditional desert landscaping.
My spa tour was provided by a pleasant spa desk attendant who showed me around the salon, women’s spa, spa cafe, and outdoor areas. The spa features online booking, a definite plus. The treatment menu consists of basic massage and facial options, plus some exotic body treatments, like the Desert Nectar Honey Wrap. A 60 minute Swedish Massage is well priced at $110. A salon offers hair and nail care.
For spa guests who are staying at the Camelback Inn, purchasing a 30 spa or salon service includes use of the whirlpools, cold plunge (men’s), Turkish Steam Bath, solariums, Finnish Sauna, relaxation lounges, private lockers, robes and slippers. There is also a heated outdoor lap pool. Exercise classes and use of the fitness room are also included for spa guests.
What I loved about the spa:
- The outdoor lap pool, surrounded by mountains and desert landscaping, cushioned lounge chairs and umbrellas.
- A spa restaurant, Sprouts with indoor and outdoor seating. Although many Scottsdale spas offer food service, not many can boast having their own restaurant in such a beautiful setting. Sprouts serves breakfast, lunch and snacks.
- The crescent-shaped whirlpool in the ladies locker room.
- The Southwest decor and atmosphere. When in Rome…..