On my recent visit to Scottsdale Arizona, I wandered around the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa. I was expecting a Southwest feel, but the resort is much more modern. The Southwestern style is more evident in the spa. What I loved about the resort:
- Adventure Water Park with lazy river ride, waterslide, childrens’ water play area and family-friendly cabanas
- Shaded children’s playground
- Scottish bagpipes at sunset every evening around the fire pit at Dreamweavers Canyon
- Proximity to Kierland Commons, upscale retail shops and restaurants
- The views of the surrounding mountains
- The location right on the golf course
Now onto Agave, The Arizona Spa. The spa is in a separate building towards the front of the resort. Enter the spa building and you’ll find the spa reception desk and spa boutique. To the left is the movement studio, to the right the fitness center. The spa features:
- 21 Treatment rooms
- Fitness center and movement studio
- Men’s and women’s locker rooms with whirlpool, sauna and steam room
- Juice bar
- Spa cuisine
- Adults only pool, available to hotel and spa guests
A 50 minute Therapeutic Massage is $140-$160. The moisture-rich agave plant is used in many of the treatments.
I didn’t experience or tour the spa myself, apart from the spa lobby area, fitness center and motion studio. For a great review of the spa, click here.