If you are a spa owner or manager, it’s probably a good idea to log on to your web site’s home page from time to time to see what your clients and prospective clients see. Here’s what to look for:
- Does your website reflect the look, feel and image that you want your customers and potential customers to see? If not, it might be time for a website redesign.
- Check to see that your website is updated. If it’s April and your pages are still displaying your Valentine’s Day specials, you’ll want to update this section immediately.
- Test your links. Every one of them. My journalist friend who blogs at Save The Media gave me this advice once and it is always in the back of my mind. Maybe a little too far back. Recently I intended to link to a popular resort and spa in Scottsdale. Instead, I linked to a rather unpleasant story from a local news station. Fortunately I caught the error and corrected it the next day, but this could have been a big oops. The advice is worth repeating: test your links.
- Is your contact information current? This includes email address, phone number, and directions to your spa.
- Continue to add new content, features and functions to your site to keep things fresh.
- Keep your web pages free from clutter. It’s great to have lots of information – just don’t put it all on one page. Have plenty of links to keep the information organized and flowing.
With the technology available to today’s consumers, a website is often the first impression your clients get of your business. Make it a great one!